Friday, March 14, 2008

Week 2 - a little late

Wow, I can't believe I'm actually finally starting my blog - somewhat late but hopefully better late than never still applies. 


I'm really excited about Learning 2.0 because it feels like a great prompt for taking the plunge!! My first experience of blogs was a few years ago when I had missed calls on my mobile and didn't recognise the number. I tried searching the Internet for the phone number thinking I might find an entry on a company website and instead found a blog written by a man who had had the same problem and investigated further. He listed several phone numbers used for the same purpose of getting people to ring back and end up with huge call charges on their phone.

So, having developed some appreciation for the blog my impression had been that they were all about personal experiences (hmm, somewhat like this one). However, even from the small experience gained so far from Learning 2.0 my eyes are opening to a whole new world. I love the idea of libraries being more accessible in a format that is becoming more and more the norm. I thought the local studies blog we looked at was terrific. I can also certainly see the benefit of applying it to readers' advisory, children's and youth areas and advertising events but am trying to think further outside the box for other applications. Do blogs necessarily equate to a lot of reading time??? It seems this one does.... Hmmm, something to ponder perhaps......

1 comments:

pls@slnsw said...

I'm glad you've got under way with Learning 2.0. I hope you continue to discover and learn.

Victoria

PS I like your blog!